"Love" Decor with Rae
Today I'm sharing my last project made with the February kits. You've probably already seen what the rest of the design team has made with this beautiful kit:
Michelle made an amazing wreath with her kit while Peggy and Kim used the stand that's in the kit. I used the stand as well:
I started by gluing the word to the base stand using ZipDry glue. Once dry, I added some of the alcohol inks to the entire piece. Then I covered it with with the crackle medium, and allowed that to dry as well. after that, I added the Baby Pink acrylic paint and watched as the crackled finish appeared.
For me, it was a bit light on the crackle, so I decided to create a more distressed finish, so I took a file and sanded down the pink paint to expose the metallic alcohol inks. Once done, I went back over the exposed parts with the alcohol ink, and I also added the alcohol inks to all the frilly pieces- vines and butterflies, and then took a paint brush to accentuate the parts where it was now exposed.
I gave special attention to the heart O by adding some script paper, which is actually from the 49 and Market ephemera stack from the main kit. Then I added a couple of items from my stash- an old Prima resin cherub, and a newer Prima item- a heart made of flowers.
I completed the piece by adding the Prima roses from the kit- I dry brushed some of the metallic alcohol inks to give them a bit of a distressed look to blend in with the finish of the rest of the piece.
Thanks for stopping by the blog! Be sure to check back tomorrow for our March reveal!
You can also check us out on these social media formats: