Altered Wings

How dreamy are those big metal wings in the mixed media kit this month?!  I had so many ideas for them, do I go all steampunk on them or sweet and flowery?  Since we had those awesome Prima flowers to play with I went more fairy dreamland with my thought process!

I basically just slathered the entire set of wings with the crackle paint, more as a base coat than for a crackle medium because I didn’t prep the wings first so I didn’t expect much actual crackling to occur.   It ended up kinda looking plasterish which I loved.

I also applied the crackle paint to the flowers as well and sprinkled the fine glitter over the wet paint on both the wings and the flowers.

When the paint was dry on the wings I gave them a wash with some diluted brown acrylic paint and then rubbed them with the Turquoise InkaGold to highlight them.

The flowers also got a light rubbing of the Turquoise InkaGold as well.

You can see all the details in my process video below!  Check it out!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Mixed Media Heart Ornament

Happy Tuesday y’all!  today I’m sharing a project I did with the little wooden heart that was in the November Mixed Media kits.  I have to admit, dispite it’s small size I was intemidated by it for some reason.  I really don’t know why!

The first thing I did was trace the heart onto some corrugated packing paper, cut it out and then apply it on to the heart.  Then I used some sandpaper to distress the edges.

Next I applied some of the Deco Art Crackle Medium to it and allowed it to crackle (you can use a heat or drying tool to help with this).  Once dried I applied some watered down acrylic paint to give it some pops of color.  Then I rubbed on some of the Turquoise Viva Ink Gold Rub.

Then I began to add my Prima Flowers.  I also added a bit of the Turquoise Viva Ink Gold rub to the flowers as well to add some color to them too.

Once I had the flowers all adhered on, I brushed on some matte gel medium to the flowers and sprinkled some of the fine glitter that was included in the kit for a little shine.

Finally I added some metal embellishments from my stash and tucked in some preserved reindeer moss.  I also rubbed that awesome Turquoise Ink Gold on one of the metal embellishments.  It adhered to the metal so well and dried super quick.

I hope you enjoyed!  Thanks for stopping by today!!