Hey y’all and happy Thursday!! Today I’m working with the fun valentine themed Mixed Media kit and know you are going to love it!
I started with the burlap heart by Darice, spray painting it with a light coat of white paint.
Next I did some painting effects on the Darice Flower embellishments with the Prima Marketing- Art Alchemy -Sparks Acrylic Paint in both the shades provided in the kit. I also added some texture paste and sprinkled some coarse glitter to add more texture and shine.
Next I painted more of the acrylic paint on to the Creative Embellishment chipboard piece (mine was a heart cluster but the actual kit will include a phrase sentiment as pictured in the kit photo below). Finally I added a photo embellishment.
I also rubbed all of the grapevine twig portions of the heart with the Prima gold wax so it resembled metal or wire. I finished it off with a ribbon to hang it.
I love how it looks hanging in my home!
Check out the process video below for a closer look and more details on how it all came together.
Mixed Media Kit:
- Darice – Burlap Heart
- Darice – Flowers – Tatiana
- Prima Marketing- Memory Hardware – Wood Shutters
- Prima Marketing- Art Alchemy -Sparks Paint – Phoenix Feather
- Prima Marketing- Art Alchemy – Sparks Paint – Enchanted
- Prima Marketing- Art Alchemy – Metallique Wax – Vintage Gold
- Creative Embellishments – Chipboard Saying – Follow Your Heart
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all do something beautiful today!!