Today I am sharing the last layout I made with the June kit. And, I challenged myself to not use my paper distresser, which I rarely do. But, sometimes I really enjoy the look of sharp edges, and I thought the different patterns of the Prima Marketing and 13 Arts papers would look nice just inked with black chalk ink. I love the muted colors of these papers so much and I thought it would be nice to add some contrast the contrast of adding black, paired with a black and white photo. Here’s the result:
Here’s a closeup of the edges of the papers that I heavily added chalk ink to. And, you can see the beautiful black lace from the kit peeking out between some of the layers.
Under my photo I added a few different layers of items: I did a bunch of fussy cutting of the Prima Marketing paper that had the pink roses, and I also did the same thing on some of the 13 Arts papers with flowers as well. The pink Prima Marketing flowers from the kit match papers perfectly!
I did add a couple of things from my stash- some bluish-green flowers to coordinate with the papers, and also some chipboard that is a quatrefoil that I added some black and gold embossing powders to.
For balance of the design, I added an embellishment cluster at the bottom left of the layout. I added some resin feathers, pink roses, Creative Embellishments berry chipboard, all from the kit, and I added more of the blue flowers and chipboard from my stash.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!